| PixLab  & FACEIO | Knowledge Sharing & Public Forums

Find out if FACEIO can do ID Verification (match selfie photo against face in an ID Document)?

Asked
Modified
Viewed 5398 times

Good afternoon.
I wanted to find out if with FACE IO I can do ID recognition (identity documents).
In the React APP that I am working on (which is a PWA) I have to add the feature to log in with facial recognition, but at the same time I have within the app the process of recognition and data validation of the identity document through scanning and validation of the person taking a picture of his face and comparing it with the ID To validate his data.

Is there a way to unify all this with FACE IO?

That is to say, having facial recognition to start the session and in turn having the recognition of the DNI and the face of the person to validate their information in the process of creating an account.

Accepted Solution

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the FACEIO support center. Please find answers to your question below:

• FACEIO is introducing the idVerify()method (future documentation to be located here) in October 20223 which let you do ID verification inside the Widget.
  • Basically, when invoked, the idVerify()method shall request a selfie picture from the target user being verified using his frontal camera, and another frame (captured from the same camera) with the same user holding his ID document such as Passport, Driver License, etc. in hand.
  • The captured face in the selfie image is then matched with the face extracted from the ID document. If the two faces matches, this method shall succeed, otherwise a FACE_MISMATCH error code is then raised to your application, and you should act accordingly.
  • Finally, for extracting name, address, date of birth fields from an ID document for your KYC purposes, you should rely on PixLab's DOCSCAN API endpoint since the planned FACEIO idVerify() method is used to matches photo captured from the camera with the photo present on the ID Card.
  • PixLab's DOCSCAN API endpoint supports wild variety of documents including Passports, US Drivers License, and ID Cards from dozens of countries. The following tutorials should help you implement DOCSCAN on your website for your KYC purposes: